Dr McEvinney & Partners


Minor Injuries

Local Minor Injuries Units

For minor injuries such as cuts (including ones that need stitches), broken bones, sprains and minor burns go to one of our locally based Minor Injury Units (MIU).

Adult MIU services are specifically for those who are 16 years of age and older.

Outwith the advertised opening times of the MIU you should go to your local A&E.  There are also dedicated areas to treat minor injuries within A&Es.

If you have a minor illness such as stomach upsets, coughs, running a high temperature then self-care, pharmacy or your GP is the answer. You should not go to an MIU for treatment. An MIU does not deal with illnesses.

If your injury happened a few days ago, or if it’s an old injury that has got worse again, please turn to your GP for advice.